Mediation in Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma divorce involves a process where emotions run high, finances run low and more time is invested than what some individuals might realize. Divorce mediators are a neutral third party that help couples resolve any issues pertaining to their divorce. The Mediation Institute can help save time and money, while helping parties avoid a public court divorce. Divorce can be extremely difficult on everyone. The Mediation Institute can help speed up the divorce process by guiding you towards an agreed upon arrangement that benefits all parties including children!
Your divorce doesn’t belong in open court.
Your marriage, finances, and children are private family concerns. But divorce litigation is a public, adversarial process. Everything from custody disputes to allegations of infidelity are argued before a judge in open court — just one of the dozens of cases being heard that day. You have only a few minutes to convince the judge to make lasting decisions for you and your family. The result is increased hostility, broken communication, and public exposition of your private family concerns.
Your divorce can be different.
You don’t have to put your family’s future in a judge’s hands. You don’t have to use a corrosive, adversarial process. You don’t have to put your private family concerns on public display. Divorce mediation is a proven alternative to divorce litigation. They provide the professional support you need to talk through the important decisions involved in your divorce — from finances to parenting schedules — and create a mutually agreeable, workable plan for the future.
What Is Divorce Mediation?
A divorce mediator is a trained, neutral professional who facilitates dialogue between you and your spouse about the two important questions every divorcing couple needs to answer: what will our family look like post-divorce, and what will our finances look like post-divorce? The mediator then helps you prepare and finalize a separation agreement. Our Divorce mediators cover issues such as:
- Distribution of Property
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
Divorce Mediation Is Effective
Mediation is a highly effective way to get divorced. Even highly litigated cases rarely go to trial, so by starting with mediation, you are simply cutting out the costly, adversarial, and generally unnecessary process of preparing for a trial that probably won’t happen. Studies also show that negotiated agreements — as opposed to court-imposed divorce judgments — have higher compliance and satisfaction rates.
Advantages of Using Divorce Mediation:
- Saves money – In many cases, mediation is far less expensive than litigation. Litigation is geared toward preparing for a possible trial, and therefore includes numerous legal expenses that simply aren’t necessary in mediation — such as extensive discovery, motions, oppositions, hearings, etc. These combined expenses can easily mount into the tens of thousands of dollars. In a typical divorce mediation, the spouses share the cost of the mediator. If lawyers are involved, they play an advisory — not adversarial — role in the process. Thus, with a skilled mediator’s assistance, spouses can reach a separation agreement more quickly and at a fraction of the cost of divorce litigation. On average, mediation costs $1,000.
- Saves time – issues are usually resolved in 2-4 sessions.
- Mediation is confidential – while issues discussed in court are public knowledge.
- Mediators are neutral – they will not choose sides.
- Less stress – come to an arrangement that is more appropriate for both of you.
Divorce Mediation Makes Sense
Divorce mediation allows you and your spouse to:
- Reach a separation agreement without dragging each other through an adversarial court process.
- Determine for yourselves what your family and finances will look like after the divorce, rather than leaving it in a judge’s hands.
- If you have children, create a framework for effective coparenting without the harmful animosity that comes with litigation.
- Save money by avoiding costly litigation fees.
- Get divorced more quickly.
Call us if you are dealing with any of the following issues:
- Relocation with children after divorce
- Tips and strategies for creating a Parenting Plan that works
- Everything you need to know about Child Custody Evaluations
- Parental Alienation Syndrome
- Change of circumstances as grounds to modify custody
- Interference with visitation as grounds to modify custody
- Modifying Child Custody: some basic Q & A’s to get you started
- How to modify child custody orders
- Self representation/Self help/Information resources and centers
- Enforcing your custody and visitation plan when it is interfered with
- modification of a court-ordered custody plan yourself
- Domestic violence as a consideration in child custody and visitation decisions
- Defending your child custody rights
- Unmarried parents and child custody
- Parenting Agreements/Plans: Everything you need to know
- Fathers going to custody court
- Ask a child custody question
Share Us With Your Friends and Family
Thank you for sharing us with your friends and family. Referrals are the best thank you gifts we could possibly receive.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- The Association For Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- Oklahoma Academy Of Mediators And Arbitrators